1) Our Agreement
By using services from the PC Surgeon® you are entering into a contract with us. The terms below are important and set out our obligations to you and what you are agreeing to with us. Our Agreement may begin when you hand over equipment for repair or diagnostics, book a Surgeon for a call-out, agree to a remote desktop support session, sign up to any tech support plans or prepaid tickets, any other contract or when you pay any fees to us (whichever is earliest).
2) One Off Call Outs / On Site Visit
Our contract with you is not legally binding until 6.00pm the day before our Surgeon is due to visit you. For a service visit scheduled on a Monday the order becomes legally binding at 6.00pm the Friday before. You may cancel at any time up to this point and claim a full refund by contacting us.
3) Fees, Payment, Refunds & Complaints
We accept payment by Cash, MasterCard and Visa debit cards. Stickily NO cheques. Payment is deducted when we process your order. Any refunds will be made by cash or to the credit or debit card used for purchase. All prices and charges on this site are in UK pounds. For all complaints please contact us directly on email@example.com.
4) Our policies
We will honour all policies applicable to the service being performed (or purchase) unless otherwise agreed e.g. On inspection, a Surgeon informs you that it will be exempt from one policy or another.
Using our services
Booking an appointment
You can book an appointment online, call us on 020 7998 0104 (10am to 6pm) or message us via the PC Surgeon WhatsApp number on 07983749829 (8am to 8pm). One of our Surgeons will get back to you.
- Walk in appointments subject to availability, so please call us before coming. Our shop is open from 10am to 6pm Monday to Saturday.
What you agree to
You agree that you:
- Will not use the PC Surgeon® in any way that is Illegal or unlawful, or likely to encourage illegal or unlawful behaviour;
- Will not use the PC Surgeon® in any way that is likely to damage the reputation of the PC Surgeon®, to be a nuisance, harmful or deceptive to any other person;
- Will not be defamatory, obscene or offensive;
- Will use the PC Surgeon® in any way that will or is likely to infringe the copyright, trademarks or any other intellectual property rights of another person; and
- Confirm you are over 18 years of age.
We can only advice and handover equipment to customers who are the ones who have paid for the service, signed up to our tech support plans, other contracts or pre-paid ticket support plans.
The accuracy of the services, support or solution we provide depends on the accuracy and completeness of the facts you convey to us. We will not investigate your circumstances beyond the information disclosed by you. Please ensure you tell us everything that you think may be relevant to your issue and answer our questions as fully as possible.
We try very hard to ensure that all information we give out is accurate. However, we may occasionally get things wrong or make a mistake with our offers, services or prices. If we notice an error before proceeding, we will cancel this contract and contact you to see if you wish to continue with the new, revised offering. If we notice after a job has been started then we will continue any reasonable work at the incorrect terms, unless if we deem it not possible.
We will always try to perform any of our services in good time. Sometimes, after making an agreement, it may be necessary to re-schedule an appointment due to factors beyond our control. If it is necessary to do this, we will contact you to try to re-schedule, you may cancel your order and claim a full refund if you have already paid for the service. This does not include pre-paid ticket plans or any support contracts or contracts you have taken out with the PC Surgeon®.
7) Missed Appointments
If you are unable to keep a service appointment (in-store or remote services) please call us on 0207 998 0104 or message/WhatsApp us on 07983749829 to cancel the appointment (charge free), for all call outs or site visit appointments, a fixed rate of 1hr will be charged. Call outs and site visits must have account holder, registered customer or an authorised adult with permission of the customer present on site at all times, otherwise we will consider this as a miss appointment and you will be charged a fixed rate of 1hr.
We provide a 30 day warranty on our labour only repairs, we make no warranty for data or computer files, and we disclaim any data warranty of any kind. This warranty excludes faults caused by viruses, windows updates or other software issues.
All brand new items and refurbished computers and laptops come with a 12 month return to base hardware only warranty from the date of the invoice unless stated otherwise. This warranty excludes faults caused by viruses, windows updates or other software issues. Where we offer and provide refurbished or reconditioned parts a 90 day return to base hardware warranty will be provided.
Warranty will become invalid if the manufacturers seal is removed or the hardware is tampered with in any way from which it was installed during a repair or service. Warranty on hardware and parts are only covered if they fail due to manufacturing defects and confirmed by the manufacturer or supplier. Failure due to mishandling of the equipment or inadequate subsequent servicing or failure from “fair wear and tear” the warranty will become invalid. Damage caused by a power surge, shorting or spikes, including but not limited to mains power and telecoms connections or other unspecified sources e.g. voltage fluctuation, amperage fluctuation, water ingress are not covered under the warranty. Furthermore, the warranty does not cover for any loss or damage due to negligence, mishandling, accidents, theft, water flooding, war outbreak, electrical storms, fire outbreak, earthquakes, or any other act of God.
All items covered by our warranty are on a return to base basis, customers will need to return the equipment to us. Any items collected from a customer’s home or business premise are subject to a call out fee, customers will be made are of this upon any warranty claim.
9) How to use your Pre-paid support tickets
How to redeem a ticket
Book an appointment and provide us with a detailed description of the issue you are having and one of our Surgeons will be in touch on how to best support you. Our Surgeons are able to help you instore, via remote desktop support or over the phone.
What we can help you with?
We can help you with any hardware or software issues, advice, suggestions, tips or recommendations that can be covered within 30 min. If we can't help you within the 30 min we will best advice you on a more suitable service.
What we can’t help you with?
The ticket cannot be redeemed to be used for the following services:
- Business consultancy;
- Developing or programming services;
- Infrastructure services;
- Call outs or site visits;
- Enterprise services; and
- Data recovery or data backup services from a failing hard disk drive.
Additional Terms and conditions:
- Only one ticket to be used per appointment/booking;
- Multiple tickets cannot be used for the same appointment/booking;
- A ticket is valid for 30 min, thereafter you will need to buy additional required time;
- The PC Surgeon® can refuse to redeem tickets at any time;
- All tickets are valid for 12 months, unused tickets cannot be transferred or refunded;
- Once a ticket plan is bought it cannot be refunded, transferred or cancelled;
- All discounts are valid for 12 months on all standard services (labour only); and
- Tickets are valid ONLY for instore, remote and over the phone/WhatsApp support. Call outs and site visits are not included.